Outsourcing is defined as the act of obtaining products or services from an outside company of activities that were traditionally performed internally.
We asked Founding partner at Beta Digital, Louise O’Conor what she thought about outsourcing.
1) Sum up your business in ten words:
Trusted, experienced and results-focused business strategy and transformation advisors.
2) What makes you guys unique or stand out from the crowd?
We’re technology and industry agnostic and don’t believe in fluff. We deliver real and sustainable results for our clients and their businesses, to excel in a digital world through competitive strategies, prioritised planning and implementable roadmaps that leverage people, processes, data, technology and customer experience.
3) How has Covid-19 been for your business?
Given our expertise in digitalisation and adapting and enabling businesses to operate and compete in an all-digital world, it has been a busy 18 months. As we enter the post-COVID transition, we are seeing an increase in demand for strategic guidance from companies who have been fire-fighting and survived and who now need to re-think their businesses for future growth and long-term success.
4) Is your business suited to remote working?
Absolutely. we are fortunate to have always operated remotely and this has enabled us to work with clients across sectors and industries, both nationally and internationally, from the onset.
5) Do you think it’s important for a business to outsource in order to grow?
Having an external and fresh set of experienced eyes and advice is essential for every business. It’s an opportunity to evaluate how the business is being run, identify existing gaps and to re-think how it could be done differently and more efficiently.
6) What areas of your business would you be inclined to outsource before you hire in that area?
Given our multiple decades of diverse experience and skills we have not yet required much outsourcing. However, we have engaged with external finance, brand and web experts for a fresh review/ analysis of our business and would always recommend businesses do this as our external environments are constantly changing and evolving at speed.
7) Does your business provide an outsourced service for another business? If so, what is it?
Yes, we are the outsourced strategic and transformation advisors for all our clients and businesses looking to adapt, transform, become more efficient, grow and or scale.
8) Do you feel you have enough information when it comes to outsourcing- when and how to use it to its full advantage?
Yes. We are always expanding our network and bring in external experts and outsourced expertise to support many of our client engagements and functions.
9) Do you feel outsourcing could bring you any advantages such as: getting an expert opinion, getting things done faster, reducing cost etc.?
All of the above. Having an independent team of experienced and expert consultants/ advisors enables a quicker analysis, turnaround and delivery, thus reducing costs, time and sometimes biased (conscious or unconscious) views from within a business.
10) In which instances would you never outsource and only hire in-house?
Not sure.. probably only a Partner position.
As always, another very informative Q&A from a successful business.