It’s happened to the best of us – your PC falls foul of malware, a virus, or some other nasty software which causes serious issues for you and your business.
To minimise the chance that your PC gets infected with a virus, a few key areas should be addressed:
- Install a tried and tested antivirus program. Prevos Solutions recommends ESET. Click here for more info.
- Ensure you have the latest Windows updates, and select the option to check for updates automatically: windowsupdate.microsoft.com
- In Email, never click on a link or an email attachment unless you trust the sender and the content.
- Don’t trust all pop ups or update messages – malware is frequently made to mimic a required update for your PC.
- Update your OS: Microsoft will no longer support Windows XP after 8th April, so now is the best time to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 if you have not already done so.
We’d be happy to chat about any concern you have in this area. Call us today at (091) 395413, or email email@example.com.